Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened Last Night....

I went to register last night so the family will stop bugging me and this was the conversation I had with the clerk....I was on the cell phone with my sister P during this conversation trying to figure out how to print the stupid registry thing out so they could zap it with the gun.

I finally got it to print and handed it over to "The Lady". The conversation went like this.....

The lady (kinda loudly): ….OH MY GOODNESS….are you marrying THE D*** Y*****?

Me (talking with P on the cell at the same time): Well… I’m marrying A D*** Y*****.

The Lady: THE MUSICIAN?!?!?!?

Me trying to get away from The Lady: Uh....well he plays in several bands....

The Lady: YES! YES! THE COUNTRY MUSICIAN!!!!

Me: Uh...Well there is a musician named DWIGHT Y*****?

The Lady: NO THE ONE THAT PLAYS HERE IN DFW!!!!

As I was trying to get the heck away from The Lady My sister P (on the other end of the phone ) said: THAT was the FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!!!!!!

No comments: