Friday, January 16, 2009

Packing....


I am packing my apartment this week because my lease is up in early February and I'm moving in with D and his 14 year old son. I should have this packing thing DOWN because I've moved about 6 times in the last 7 years. But for some reason THIS TIME it's DIFFERENT. It's been 20 years since I really LIVED WITH SOMEONE. I was married briefly when I was really young, he was abusive and I got the hell out as fast as possible. Since then I've managed to live on my own. I was in a long term relationship some years ago but he had his house and I had mine.

I think I'm just freaking out and making this MUCH harder than it needs to be. I keep telling myself that all I really need to leave out are my clothes and toiletries. Everything else can be packed and we'll sort through it over the next few months as we go room by room purging and remodeling the house. For some reason that isn't helping me get past this mental block. I sit down on my lovely black leather club chair and just STARE at the piles of stuff that need to be packed.

Anyone want to help me pack?

No comments: