Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You are not going to believe this....

No, I'm not pregnant. August is too hot and I think it fries the swimmers so I wasn't expecting a positive this month.

The COOLEST THING EVER happened to me last night. Dave told me that our neighbor Barbara wanted to see me when I got home. So, after my much needed chiropractor appointment I walked accross the street to their house.

Let me back up for a minute. In case I haven't talked about them before, Brent and Barb are the wedding photographers that generously let us use their vacation home to get married at AND did our wedding photography for FREE. They have been very supportive of me taking photography classes so that I can get into shooting wedding and get out of the job from hell. Barbara has mentioned a couple of time how she is really looking forward to me getting to the point she can send me out to be the second shooter so she doesn't have to.

A couple in "the group" are getting married this weekend and I had been planning on taking pictures for the practice. I figured B&B were going to be doing the actual wedding photography. Turns out they aren't. The couple are trying to get their house built and just can't afford to hire them so Barbara told her she should get me to shoot the wedding. WOW! That was pretty cool of them to suggest me for the job. Of course I had already planned on taking a bunch of pictures and putting together a book for them as our wedding present to them but this means I need to step up my game plan.
Oh and the best part... To make it even easier to shoot the wedding B&B GAVE me TWO Canon zoom lenses. They are older and a little beat up but they work GREAT. They had just bought a new lens that did the job of those two so they wanted to help me get started.
Can you believe that! I'm still so moved by their generousity. I feel so blessed.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW! What an amazing opportunity! I'm thrilled for you. Please let us know how it goes!

mia said...

Fabulous! Can't wait to see some photos!

AnotherDreamer said...

Wow, that is awesome! Good luck!