Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cooking lesson please?

My doctor's office called me to let me know that my cholesterol is too high (279 should be under 200 YIKES!)and that they would retest in a couple of months to see if I can get it down on my own through diet and exercise.

Yeah, I haven't been doing either since the wedding and I've gained about 15 lbs back. So I made dinner last night. Steamed fish and veggies (no oil)and I managed to burn both. Sigh.... I've got to get back into the habit of cooking my veggies in broth and find a bigger pot to use to steam stuff over. The one I used wasn't a good fit and all the steam escaped out of the sides instead of going up into the steamer.

Dave and the SS walked in just as I was juggling 2 blackened pans and frantically trying to find something to dump the veggies in so they wouldn't taste burnt. The SS opted to eat something else but the husband was a sport and didn't say a thing about the blackened bits.

No comments: