Thursday, December 11, 2008



I've been collecting old china from Goodwill and a few other second hand stores for the wedding. MAN there are actually a lot of really pretty plates out there! Unfortunately they aren't quite what I'm looking for.

I have managed to find several that are soft calm colors, some pale cream colored plates that aren't that old, one style I keep finding has a lily of the valley design on it. This this past weekend D went with me to Goodwill and we made a good haul.

We found an oval plater (always useful!) with small gold flowers around the edge, a group of dinner plates and dessert plates with a soft pink floral design around the edge (about 4 of each) and a few others. I'm thinking of making a mosaic table out of some of the plates after the wedding but D just gives me this quizical look when I try to explain to him what that would look like. I'm still debating. Then again I could resell the whole group to another bride that wants to be "green" and have a stylish table. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

No comments: