Tuesday, January 25, 2011

109 and falling...

Ugh. I just KNEW that last weekend was the last round of "crud".

Nope.

The u/s on Monday showed that there are a few stragglers that just don't want to give up yet. (It looked like a jigsaw puzzle in there.) They had switched it over to show blood flow which was pretty cool to see but really annoying to see that it's not done yet.

Blood test came back at 109 so we are heading in the right direction.

I want to try another round (or two) on our own before going with DE (if we ever do) but I want to try using steroids along with the rest of the meds. Doc calls it hocus pocus but even though research says it really doesn't help if I WANT to try it he is good with it. He said he used a lot of h/p when he and his wife were trying to get pregnant and now they have a 4 and 6 year old.

Dr. K also gave me a Rx for a high powered antibiotic since it's taking a while to get rid of everything. I don't have an infection but it's just to keep me from getting one. I almost had a heart attack when I got it filled. I really thought they were kidding when they said how much it was. I guess I've been spoiled with cheap(ish) generic drugs until now. LOL! The girl at Target gave me a $10 gift card since it was a new Rx instead of giving me the coupon to use the next time I had a new Rx.

I go back Monday for another look.

Oh and I almost forgot. Dr. K said I looked and sounded like I was getting my "spark" back. Awww...thanks. I needed that.

Dave has been busy practicing with a new band and helping a friend record a new album so I think that has helped keep him distracted. So far the getting blotto was just a few isolated instances. Thank goodness! I get a little freaked out if I think he's drinking too much even though to others it probably isn't.

We were sitting in the living room after he got home from practice on Sunday and he was talking about how blessed he feels, despite all the crap that we've dealt with, and how nice it was to feel appreciated by me and all these other folks. I am glad he feels that way.

2 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Sorry things haven't finished up with the miscarriage :( I hope it does soon.

Wishing and Waiting said...

I just started reading your blog. I am sorry for your miscarriage, although I know there are no words that can make it better. I have had a few failed IVF treatments. I recently did a freeze all cycle because I have endometriosis and am beta 3 integrin negative. I just wanted to let you know about DHEA as another possible egg quality booster. I used it prior to stimming this time and had 18 retrieved, 15 were mature (10 on retrieval day and 5 on day 2), 12 fertilized and 9 made it to blastocyst. I had mever had results like that before (also used a different stim protocol). Anyhow, I have several IRL friends as well as blogger friends who have used it. Ask your RE about it. Good luck with everything. I will be praying for you and me both