Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back from vacation....



It was supposed to be a honeymoon trip but The Boy's camp plans fell through so it ended up being just a family trip...

It wasn't a home run but it was mildly amusing.

We spent all day Saturday at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels Texas with 15 THOUSAND other hot and sweaty and sun burnt folks. My forehead is still BRIGHT RED. I'm such an albino, I had a 45 sunblock on and still got fried. And....you know you are old when you would rather hang out, floating in a tube with a cold beer in your hand and your bum in the 72 degree spring fed lagoon filled with the other OLD folks, than stand in line for EVERYTHING ELSE! Of course if you got a little chilly there were several large hot tubs that you could take a dip in. Best of all they all had swim up bars in them to ease the suffering. It was quite relaxing....


Saturday night we went to Gruene Hall, the oldest dance hall in Texas, and saw The Derailers. It was HOT!!! Did I mention, as one of it's oh so charming features, Gruene Hall DOES NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING AND IT WAS 104 DEGREES! Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Gruene Hall. I am the first one to jump in my car and drive there on the hottest day of the year but DANG!!! I was already hot and sun burnt and did I mention.....HOT!!!!!!

Dave was proud of me. I had in my possession not one but TWO brand new Sharpies and I didn't abuse a single historic building!!!! Whew! It took some restraint but I managed to behave for once.




I did get the band to autograph the American Girl guitar I had bought for my niece a while back. Now it has The Derailers, Gurf Morlix, and Ray Wiley Hubbard. All I need to do is get a few more on there before her birthday later this month.
This pic was taken before the latest round of autographs.....

I'll take a new one and add it later...

No comments: